There’s so much to be done when planning a wedding; book the venue, book the band, book a photographer, buy a dress, just to name a few. However, there is one important element that some people forget about and that’s personal care. Your wedding day hopefully only comes once so you want to look and feel your best. Here are some of the things Tom and I have been doing to be our best selves.
For my workout plan, I have been going to the gym at least 3 days a week. I use the Tone it Up App for strength training ideas and incorporate about 15 minutes of cardio into my strength workouts.
Tom is definitely a little more into the strength training than I am. He also heads to the gym at least 3 days a week. He usually warms up with a little cardio and then hits the weights pretty hard. He usually googles his workouts and then picks one based upon which part of his body he will be working on that day. Afterward, he makes himself a protein shake using powder and 1% organic milk.
Skincare is more on the bride’s side though Tom enjoys a nice sheet mask with me from time to time. Actually no that’s a wet paper towel on this face because that’s what he thinks I look like. Here are some of the products that I am absolutely loving to get my skin wedding ready. I use a combo of high and low products.
- Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser – My favorite cleanser. It leaves your skin dooey and fresh.
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple Deep-Clean Mask – I use this 2 – 3 times a week in the morning to start my skin off right. It keeps it clean without over-drying.
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Multi-Vitamin Booster – I use this at night. My face always looks radiant. This is also very moisturizing and anti-aging.
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer – This is day moisturizer. It has never failed me since 2003 and I love the SPF.
- Glossier Prime Moisturizer Rich – I use this as my night cream and it’s very reasonably priced. It smells fantastic and feels so luxurious on your face.
- Dr. Jart+ Brightening Infusion Hydrogel Mask – I love when my skin is glowing. I use this mask once every two weeks and it leaves my skin bright and hydrated.
- Dr. Jart+ All That Contours Hydrogel Expansion Stretch Mask – At 30 years old it was time to add in more antiaging products to my skin care and this is one of my favorite things. I use this on the weeks when I am not using the other Dr. Jart+ mask. It definitely leaves my skin feeling firm without drying.
- Skin, Hair, and Nails Vitamins and lots of water because you need to nourish your body from the inside out.
Healthy living means healthy eating. Now if you read our blog you know we love to eat and we love to eat well, but during the week we really do try to make smarter choices. Recently, we renewed our Home Chef membership and have been receiving perfectly portioned balanced meals for 3 days during the week. I try to select meals that have 1 protein, 1 veggie, and 1 carb to keep us full and satisfied, but also healthy and balanced. I even go as far as doing 1 meat meal, 1 veggie meal, and 1 fish meal each week. We live a very busy life so we either are out the other 2 nights or I cook something very simple for us.
We are getting closer and closer to the wedding each day! We are so happy we could share this journey with you. More to come!